The Love of God in Action
Sow The Seed - India shows the love of God in action by proclaiming the Gospel according to James 1:27, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…" (NIV).
We work with people who count themselves fortunate if they can eat one meal a day, with the downtrodden outcastes who are not allowed to drink water from the wells of higher caste people in the villages. We provide the needy with wells that are accessible, with food, clothing, and health care, and we care for the children and adults infected with HIV & AIDS. We conduct medical and eye camps, literacy programs, distribute disaster relief to the victims of floods caused by the yearly monsoons, and operate a children’s home and a home for the elderly.
Did you know?
- India is 2.3% Christian, 80% Hindu and 13% Muslim.
- India is the third most populous Muslim country.
- India is 1/3 the size of US and has four times as many people.
- One-half of the population of India is under the age of 25.
- About half of the women in India marry before the age of 18.
- One-third of the population lacks access to clean drinking water.